Saturday, June 4, 2016

IRS 2

    Fool that I am, I volunteered to sit on hold for another 15 minutes for the opportunity to talk to the IRS. When I got through, at least I didn't get cut off. But I did get put on hold again. However, after that, everything was fun. I talked to Ms. Carmen, who I once would have referred to as an older woman, but I'm 54 for goodness' sake. We're all older than we used to be. Anyway, Ms. Carmen was funny, charming and made the process easier. However, as I suspected, there was no way for me to prove over the phone that I'm really me. The qualifying questions were all about installment plans and mortgages, neither of which do I have. Note to IRS: not everybody is interested in the debt bandwagon.
    So I have to go in on Monday with ID and social security card and tax forms and IRS letter in hand to prove that I haven't been a victim of identity theft. I suspect that this will be less fun than talking to Ms. Carmen. At least I won't have to sit on hold with a cat yelling at me. I hope. Stand by for IRS 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment