Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

    We had fun. Everybody came to visit, but the visits were staggered so the room (and the honoree) was (were) never overwhelmed. James and Christina made a Major Announcement, Anne gave Dad a smart phone (showing great optimism about his condition), William came early and Frank came late. Anne also gave two red roses to Dad and Margaret from us all, which was very sweet.
    Being an idiot, I had forgotten to soak my beans and so had to go home for a long time to cook. When I got back, we wound up with Malcolm, Margaret, Frank and me watching the College World Series with Dad. He was quite sleepy but woke up here and there and maintained an interest in the game and the world. It was rather a nice time all the way around. I left with the game still tied, as I start to zonk out around 9. Still, it was a very nice day; the happy ending to the game made it a little happier still.

No comments:

Post a Comment