Monday, June 27, 2011

What my cat taught me

    Amelia is a fraidy cat. She's afraid of everything and everybody. But at the old place, where the back door was a French one (or anyway looked like them), the outside kitties could come right up face to face with her. And Amelia showed them down every time. The bigger, meaner kitty never bothered to defend hearth and home; it fell to little, scaredy Amelia.
    I guess I had learned it already. When things in my life went totally sideways previously and I had to act like a grownup, I didn't like it but I did so. And I remember about that time we had a snowfall and the periwinkles were blooming, and the periwinkles stood up among the snow. The young woman I was seeing about that time who called me Periwinkle thought it was just because of a funny word. But it was because of the days when a man without courage showed courage. Like the cat he would know later.

No comments:

Post a Comment