Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lazy S

    The move to adulthood many decades late marches on. Dad wants me to work on his estimated taxes due this month. Of course, he's already done all the heavy lifting, so it shouldn't be any major difficulty. And he'll be cutting the check so as not to upset the IRS by having a strange name on it. (I'll bring the checkbook.) But it's still a strange sense of grownupness that I haven't faced before. I'll probably start shaving some day soon.:)
    His condition gets better every day, especially as regards mental acuity. The only thing that concerns me a little is that he now speaks with a lazy S, which I don't recall him ever doing before. He's on several medications that he hadn't been taking before. Hopefully he'll be able to stop one or more of those. With luck, the speech patterns will clear up either with that or with the passage of time. But of course if he walks again and also has a lazy S, we'll live with it. It isn't much of an impediment; he is readily understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment