Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No news is good news

    Dad continues to be stable. Unfortunately, he has dialysis again today. He seemed resigned when he mentioned it, but there was no sign that he hates it any the less. So I'm going to visit early to make sure to see him before he's carted off for four hours, and also late to try to watch the Gamecocks at the College World Series with him. It was so much fun on Father's Day and he was rather more alert. (Of course he hadn't had dialysis that day.)
    I'll also make every effort to go by Drinking Liberally and see my favorite people. Hopefully they still remember me at least a bit. Looks like I picked the wrong year to quit drinking.
    (I think there are people in the world who think that "No news is good news" means that all news is bad news. As far as I can figure, it just means what it says: if there isn't any news, you can go ahead and interpret that as good news. Anyway, that's how I meant it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment