Sunday, June 26, 2011

"It's an ordeal, but it's necessary."

    The above is my Dad's attitude, stated often, toward dialysis. I like and admire this attitude, and am proud of his fortitude. Yesterday's bout didn't quite take as much out of him as the previous ones did, but he was still fairly tuckered out. Still capable of feeding himself, making his own phone calls, etc., so that's pretty neat.
    Brother Malcolm stayed over here yesterday afternoon for a nap and a shower. Amelia the cat didn't panic noticeably, possibly because Mal and I resemble one another (and our dad, not that that helps Amelia) strongly. I didn't ask if Amelia had pined for me as in the old days, but I'm pretty sure she didn't. She naps when I'm leaving and she naps when I come back; not a lot of scope for pining there. Hey, maybe even Amelia's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment