Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Overreacting, I hope

    Yesterday, Dad was eating and said, "I think I'm going to throw up." So I ran to find and bring a receptacle. Though he never did, he started making a B-B-B-B sound repeatedly, interspersing it with "I don't know why I do that." He did the same thing at Baptist once under similar circumstances. I think what's going on is that his colon is so backed up that he doesn't have room for his stomach to expand to take in more food, so he has no appetite. All he had was his soup and his milk, which is to say practically nothing. He also barely ate any lunch (dessert and milk).
    Margaret asked if the B-B-B-B thing was something he was doing or something that happened to him; he said the former. But the "I don't know why I do that" makes it seem at least open to question whether this is him or some kind of seizure. Very scary, regardless.
    The speech therapist and sister Anne were with him this morning and asked me about it. I told the therapist my concerns about this and other issues. She said they were having his care meeting tomorrow and asked me to write down all my concerns for her to bring up there. Finally, this blog pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment