Monday, August 1, 2011

More of the same

    New month: more of the same. Trying to get a call back from the nursing home, with predictable results. Ready to bash my head into the wall. Might update later if there's anything to update.

    Update: Spoke to the Senior Care Partner. Tried to convey my anger and frustration, but really think I just came across as an asshole. Anyway, she's supposed to talk to staff and get back to me. We'll see if that happens.

    Updatier: I talked to the lady at the other nursing home I wish I'd sent Dad to in the first place. She said that she had worked for several years for the company which owns the facility where he is now and that the attitude there is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So at least I'm on the right track. She still doesn't have any openings though, darn it.

    Updatedest: The Senior Care Partner called me back. She said that the people in question had been written up and that she had given Dad her home phone number in the event there were any further problems. She also gave me her cell number (as that one's long distance it wouldn't help Dad). So hopefully thus ends the problem. The poo can be said to have hit the fan.
    Can I say how proud I am that my dad regards me as his fixer? I hope I can live up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment