Sunday, July 31, 2011

La partie continue

    So this morning's fun wakeup call waited 'til after dawn, but that's the best I can say for it. I woke up colossally depressed. As there was nothing in my life or even dreams to have caused this, I had the strong sense that somebody close to me was having a bad time. Since there's only one person close to me at the moment, I had the even stronger sense that there was elder abuse going on in Blythewood again. Then the phone rang. I'm fed to the teeth with having fabulous psychic powers, I'll tell you that. Just once I'd like to be right about something when I WANT to be.
    Dad was trying and failing to get an in-and-out catheterization. So I called the nursing home and asked to speak to the nursing supervisor just like Friday night/ Saturday morning, and got to listen to a ringing phone. Called again twice more with the same result. The fourth time, when I told them that I was going to call the sheriff to send a deputy for a welfare check, I got results. The claim was that he had had in-and-out cath last night and the order was for every eight hours.
    So hopefully we are at another happy ending. Tomorrow I have to have a long talk with the Senior Care Planner about planning his care more seniorly. I will try hard not to yell and throw things. And I'm going to have an even longer talk with the nursing home nearer his dialysis facility begging and pleading for them to take him. And the John Is An Idiot meter points at Moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment