Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another heartbeat

    It's a comfort in the night to have the kitty on my legs, to feel another heartbeat next to mine. It would be better if that heartbeat belonged to somebody from the right species of course. But there we run into that thing about wishes and horses again.
    Regarding yesterday's poop update, it turned out that the reason for the phone call was that they had no order to give him an enema and the nurse had to call the doctor for authorization, which was eventually granted. She didn't mention it in the phone call, but he then asked for in-and-out catheterization. The nurse's aide said that he would only get catheterization on weekends because he had dialysis during the week and "that takes care of all the urine." (I swear I am not making this up.) Anyway, he persisted and eventually, by late in the morning won through.
    When I heard all this, my first, second and third reaction was to yank him the hell out of there. He had been accepted to nearby and better Rice Home and like an idiot I chose these people, thinking that newer and bigger was better. Now I called Rice Home to see if he could still have a place there. Unfortunately, they no longer have room, but I'm going by tomorrow to apply anyway. Then I yelled and screamed and threw things (ok, I asked politely) until it was made clear that he needs enemas to poop and in-and-out cath to pee. And also got some of his mislaid laundry back. So not the worst day ever. But not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment