Friday, July 22, 2011

That was quick!

    So, yes, Dad got his graft placed yesterday. It took two hours almost exactly; I was very relieved to see the surgeon again and moreso when he said the procedure had gone well. Aaaaand then... they moved him out. I got a call this (Friday) morning to the effect that he had a dialysis slot at the facility that I wanted all along and so he would be moving this afternoon. The nursing home needed me to come out and fill out a lot (!) of paperwork, so I did so. I've entrusted him to a vertically-integrated conglomerate; I feel like I sold my Dad to Amway. However, it's probably better than the Carlisle Group (Heartland).
    Regardless, he got over there by 2. I brought Margaret out shortly thereafter and we helped him settle in. Many, many staffers came around to introduce themselves and to check him out. We helped with the story as much as we could. He had his first physical therapy session, which went a lot like those at Baptist, but a bit more rigorous. We were able to get the TV working (except for NBC-- go figure) and I got them to bring an adjustable table so he'll be able to eat in bed.
    In general, everyone was very nice, but it was like they just opened yesterday. There were many lapses of common sense, like giving a bedridden person a desk phone. Anyway, it was a good start. Hopefully things just get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment