Sunday, July 3, 2011

Son of beneath the planet of the valley of TMI

    Yesterday was somewhat successful. Last week the dietitian doubled Dad's portions and also took him off the diabetic diet since he's on dialysis anyway. However, the staff on his new floor completely missed this and had him back on the same food he'd been on before. We mentioned this to them and they corrected the error; unfortunately, the double portions were double portions of crap, so not much of a win there. Also his blood sugar was quite high, but the nurse didn't want to give him insulin since by morning it tends to be too low. So I certainly hope that that turned out OK.
    In the TMI department, he hasn't been peeing in ages. In IICU, they had a catheter procedure (which the techs called "cath in out," which I found not too informative) which removed a LOT of urine from his body. I'm not aware of anyone doing that now. I'm afraid he's building up huge amounts of urine. The last we (or I) talked to Dr. Emmer, he said they were going to check for a blockage, but I never heard further. One disadvantage of long holiday weekends is that doctors take them, too. I'll at least ask a nurse today.

No comments:

Post a Comment