Monday, July 25, 2011

Dadless day

    This is my first Dadless day in eons. He has dialysis, which means that his morning was tied up with physical therapy, his afternoon with dialysis, and after that he'll be exhausted. I feel largely bereft. I did have to go to the dialysis facility to sign a lot of the same kind of paperwork that I did at the nursing home. The dietitian there struck up a conversation with me. She didn't volunteer any criticism of UniHealth, but when I noted that they seem to be clueless, she said, "You picked up on that quick!" Everybody had good things to say about Rice, another nursing home that also accepted Dad and which is even nearer. So maybe he'll be moving quick.
    Regardless of which nursing home he winds up at, I've got to accept that I have to trust these zeebs; I can't be with him 24 hours a day to keep an eye on him, and wouldn't know what to keep an eye out for anyway. But it's hard and it's scary.
    Oh, I was able to get Unihealth to come up with the proper equipment for in and out catheterization and a staffer to do it properly. And I didn't even have to steamroll anybody. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment