Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Entertainingly crazy dreams

    It's interesting how the brain works. This will sound like a nightmare, but it was entertaining at the time. I was in the usual ultra-gigantic town-sized building, as usual a mix between a college and a shopping mall. As so often happens in dreams, I'm looking for a bathroom. As doesn't usually happen in dreams, if I choose the wrong one, I get killed. So I realize that it isn't real life but a role-playing game. Each bathroom is attached to a bar or restaurant and there is a little piece of paper by the entrance which includes what the attitude of the patrons is to you. (Or rather, me.) The ones where I got killed showed a -2 attitude towards me. (Lucky they weren't really mad.) Other places pretty nearly worshipped me. Presumably, I got into the bathroom there OK.
    I was talking about it to my friend whose birthday was yesterday and from whom I haven't heard in real life in years. I was definitely amused about the whole experience. I think he was fairly bewildered about it all, as who wouldn't be?
    The nightmare part was when I killed a crazy person with a penknife. Then my cat jumped on him, which did add a little comedy relief. But that definitely was the unentertaining part of the program.
    I got up in the night to check the weather to see whether it would be worthwhile to try to catch the Perseid meteor shower; indications were that it wouldn't be. So I went back to bed. At first the weird mall/college dream continued. But then I looked at my phone and Bing had a picture of the sky vault depicting what was called a bear's claw cloud formation. The caption said, "Do yourself a favor and go outside now." It wasn't really all that impressive a formation, just the same clouds over and over. What was impressive was seeing the whole gigantic sky at once. My subconscious topped the Perseids!

No comments:

Post a Comment