Monday, August 19, 2013

Hating hating

    Dad's appointment with the gastroenterologist this morning was almost totally a waste of time. We learned about the results of the endoscopy, which was that there practically weren't any. The doc found that there was a narrowing of the lower esophagus, which he expanded. But that was it.
    So more tests were ordered. They were trying to schedule him for September; I eventually got it moved to this Wednesday morning. There was also a lot of wrangling about stopping his laxatives. Finally I persuaded them that this would be a supremely bad idea. So all he has to do is eat a low fiber low spice diet tomorrow and then nothing after 9 tomorrow evening. Being from SC, low fiber low spice isn't exactly unusual anyway.
    I just kept finding myself getting very short with everybody, and I hate it. It hardly helps my case, but I can't help myself. Maybe it's the weather; maybe it's my total lack of a personal life. But somehow I have to get it back together and find some way to recover, if not my charm, than at least some semblance of a positive attitude. As Dad has doctor's appointments Wednesday at 9 and at 1, it'll probably be some time after that. But I'll certainly work on it in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment