Thursday, August 15, 2013

Not likely to be a good day, but trending well

    I finally got the call back from the nursing supervisor at the dialysis facility. While it's still unbelievable to me that nobody had noticed Dad's swollen feet, at least they finally know about them now. Operationally, this means that Dad is likely to have a very, very bad day there today. He'll probably have to come out in a wheelchair judging from prior history. However, it had to be addressed because he's looking at a high chance of congestive heart failure otherwise. So I'm very sorry that he's going to have a bad time, but it couldn't be avoided.
    I also passed the word that he needs home health care help. It turned out that I had been right to call the social worker at the facility about that and it's just our bad luck that she is on vacation right now. So the lack of call back is explained, and one will be received sooner or later.
    So in general, the Dad situation is trending well. He should be able to wear his normal shoes again today or soon. And I have slip-ons in his normal size being shipped here any day now. My spirits are starting to rise; just have to get through one likely-to-be very bad day. Sure hope I'm wrong about the bad part and right about everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment