Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hume Cronyn always trying to kill his wife

    I noted earlier that a recurring theme of old-time radio involved cary Grant getting hit on the head. Now I've noticed another. Hume Cronyn, that fellow with the very mild voice, seemed to be a bit typecast as a mild-mannered guy wanting to kill his wife. I've got two, maybe three episodes of "Suspense" where this is the plot and star. Not to provide any spoilers, but he doesn't necessarily succeed. Still, I wonder how Jessica Tandy felt about it.
    Last night, I went to the CSA (Celiac Sprue Association, not Confederate States of America) dinner out for the first time in years. Since I quit soy and dairy I had felt a lot less like going since so often I still found myself unable to eat anything on the menu. However, last night was a total delight, and it felt really tremendous not feeling like a freak from another planet for once. Also they dug my hiking pictures and were very, very nice. It was great for morale!

No comments:

Post a Comment