Thursday, August 8, 2013

Special and limited

    Isn't it odd that when you're growing up, what you want to be called least is either "special" or "limited" (e.g. special education), but people will shell out extra for vehicles labeled "special" or "limited"? Maybe the automakers should branch out a little bit and try "fantastic," "wonderful," or "terrific." Or is it, yet again, just me?
    Meanwhile, apparently there's a new reality show about the Amish Mafia. In the 20th century, we all echoed Dave Barry saying, "I am not making this up!" But I guess nowadays, we say instead, "No, this isn't from 'The Onion'." It occurs to me, that if you're on a reality show, you aren't in the Mafia. If you're on any kind of television show, you aren't Amish. Reminds me of our old jokes about the existence or non-existence of Amish websites. Anyway, I still don't have cable, so I'll never know. But it'll probably be a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment