Wednesday, September 28, 2011

+1

    I wonder if I can get rid of the +1s on Google if I were to bail out on Google+? This is still dial-up, and though it's an extremely neat feature, I'm tired of having to wait minutes for Google to load. Ditto Google+; I'm willing to take the word of my friends who say it's the best, but it's hard to tell on dial-up. Maybe I should just be Dad on Google+ and use the smart phone. I bet it would be the funnest thing ever with broadband.
    I finally talked to somebody about home health care after Dad leaves the nursing home. She was nice enough to explain the facts of life to me. Medicare pays for home medical (which this outfit, Be Well Home Services, attached to the Lutheran Homes, doesn't do), but requires a prescription from a doctor. Non-medical would be just a straight contract between us and the agency, for stuff like driving to dialysis appointments, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. So I need to talk to the people at the nursing home for the prescription (the nice lady also gave me a recommendation) and sort out what we need from Be Well, if anything. Complicated, but cool.
    Margaret's hip replacement went great, even better than the other hip replacement went, she told Dad. Much relieved, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment