Saturday, September 3, 2011

Feeling no pain

    My chronic back troubles go away when I sleep on my slant pillow. While Robert is correct that I would be helped by rolfing, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make the 2-4 herniated discs in my back magically fix themselves. On the other hand, it's hard to feel much like doing anything about something that can be fixed by simply sleeping on a slant pillow about two nights out of seven. (I also amped up my kale consumption to improve my calcium intake; maybe that helped, too.)
    Somehow, whenever I think of taking this to a doctor, I envision him whipping out a rusty scalpel, saying, "I wanna TRY something! It always worked on cadavers!" I guess I don't have that doctor phobia totally licked quite yet... Anyway, it's cool that my back doesn't hurt anymore, right?

3 comments:

  1. Well...Rolfing.g and Pilates ( or some core tpnifying exercise) can "magically" fix the herniated discs ( if that is intact the diagnosis). But who am I to talk, I just do this for a living( and have yelped folks with herniated, fused, and other disc or facet issues.)
    Rant off, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been rolfed, but pilates is great, and so is yoga. You should at least give them a try at some point. Both activities seem to draw an inordinate percentage of attractive women, not a bad side effect, sez I.

    ReplyDelete