Monday, September 19, 2011

"Something blew off"

    At Publix a moment ago, the very nice checker told me that something had blown off the counter, implying (or at least so I inferred) that it was something of mine. I couldn't think of anything of mine that could have blown off the counter, or even anything belonging to anyone else. I looked in the waste basket, but there were only receipts from previous customers and soda cans and such. But it's still going to drive me crazy. I counted my money and it's about right. No credit cards are missing. My driver's license has been trying to get away from me for some time, but not in this instance. Maybe she isn't such a nice checker, and lives to drive customers crazy like this. (No, seriously, she was quite sincere; just mistaken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment