Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The best doctor in the whole joint

    My dad's having a bodily function situation which in my mercy, I won't describe (though if anyone has a burning curiosity to know, just comment below and I'll reply, more or less off-stage); the point is, that drawing on his long-ago medical training, he's solving it himself. He quite definitely is the best doctor in the whole joint.
    In other Dad news, the occupational therapist indicated that he might be ready to come home soon. We said, "Nuh-UH! You've got to keep him!" (We did not!) This however, seems quite premature as he isn't walking by himself yet, nor doing any self-care. We got to see the occupational therapy session, which was pretty straightforward and fairly limited. Just range-of-motion exercises in his wheelchair. He stood up for us without a walker just to show off. He's doing so much better that it's awesome. He is peeling a lot from his right calf for some reason. No discomfort to speak of, though.
    The dialysis facility has asked the nursing home to give Dad Phoslo with meals to lower his phosphorus levels. The former and the drug are both owned by Fresenius; I again feel like I've put my dad in the hands of Amway. But it seems like a reasonable request.
    I keep forgetting to mention that Margaret has scheduled her hip replacement for late this month. She'll have to rehab for the two weeks or so afterwards. She should be up and good as new by 10/10. Hopefully, Dad will be, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment