Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reassessing the Total Avocado Lifestyle

    Or one specific part of it at least. As I mentioned recently, my luncheon beverage for the last two years or so has been a smoothie composed of a quarter of an avocado, a quarter of a cucumber (seeded, since I don't enjoy acid reflux) and frozen fruit (pineapple or Aldi fiesta blend) and distilled water to cover. The problem with this, as I mention entirely too frequently is that avocado (while wonderful for one's thyroid) is also a vasoconstrictor, meaning it cuts circulation, specifically to the brain and to other strategic parts.
    Cucumber is a vasodilator and should balance the avocado, but doesn't quite seem to make it. So what I've been doing is eating an extra cucumber every week or so whenever I start getting words mixed up (e.g., vasoconstrictor). What I'm doing now instead is make the smoothie with a quarter of an avocado and half of a cucumber (still unseeded). Thyroid still seems to be working, brain seems to be operating, strategic lower parts seem to be working better. Huzzah! Can the return of avocado chocolate pudding be far away?

No comments:

Post a Comment