Saturday, January 21, 2012

So much for that whole Atacama Desert thing

    Further research (or rather, ANY research) revealed that all of North America south of the Arctic was unusually dry during January because the jet stream(s) decided to hang out in the Great White North for a while. However, the drought has been having a rest lately, at least here. So it's gloomy. But warmer. Always a silver lining!
    Last night, nightmares made an unwelcome return. The first batch was odd inasmuch as I was investigating a murder that I was simultaneously watching on TV. My investigation mainly consisted of comparing type fonts on a letterhead. So another of those peculiarly boring nightmares.
    Later I had another nightmare which I can't remember and said heck with this and decided to stay awake. However, then I dozed off. And dreamed I was in that bed, in this room, listening to cello music. (You can probably guess that I don't do a hell of a lot of listening to cello music in real life.) And somebody started banging on the door, yelling, "What the hell is that?" And bless me if I didn't start trying to turn off the cello music and go answer the door. Strange how realistic it all was. Not a nightmare really, but rather unpleasant. Maybe I should really start playing cello music.

4 comments:

  1. Heard a really awesome cello concerto recently. I think you're on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cello cello cello cello cello cello cello cello ("A Quick One (While He's Away)" reference)

    ReplyDelete