Friday, December 14, 2012

About time one of these brilliant ideas worked

    As I've mentioned, every day at lunch I drink an avocado/cucumber smoothie with frozen fruit for flavor, either pineapple or mixed fruit and blueberries. They're both very tasty and good for my thyroid, but I think even the little bit of avocado in there is throwing me out of balance. Avocado is a vasoconstrictor while cucumber is a vasodilator; whenever I get overly crampy I start thinking that I'm overdoing the former or underdoing the latter.
    But there are other vasodilators, the most popular of them being chocolate. I thought, what if I threw some cocoa in there? I used to make avocado chocolate pudding with nothing but avocado, honey, cocoa and water. I really thought that this wouldn't be sweet enough. Boy was I wrong! It turned out crazy mad wonderful delicious, and is very simple.
    Take a quarter of an avocado; spoon chunks into a blender. Add half of a seedless cucumber. I cut out the area where the seeds would be because I still think that stuff causes reflux, but I may be being overly cautious (or crazy, as you prefer). Toss the cucumber chunks in as well. Continuing the theme, add pineapple chunks. I think I used about a half a cup. I use frozen, but if you happen to have a fresh pineapple around, I'm sure that would be even better. A teaspoon full of unsweetened cocoa and water to cover and there you are. Push the Pulse button and you'll have a delicious, nutritious drink. Will it fix my cramps? Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment