Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh, the usual

    I once again have to note that this almost 2-year-long unbroken streak of daily (however briefly) blogging might come to an end at any moment, as the elderly computer is playing up a bit. Or at least Windows is unhappy with me; I can't download Windows Updates, and none of the solutions they offer work. I suspect the problem might be with AVG 2013 free antivirus, which is a pain in the butt generally (what with adding a toolbar I didn't want, didn't ask for and couldn't decline). So I'm returning to Avast. Hopefully, they haven't lost their minds as well. It couldn't have been all that great or I wouldn't have switched back to AVG. Though I suspect that AVG was a smaller download, a big deal in Dialuppia.
    So hopefully with Avast, Windows Updates will work again and all will be peachy. If not, well, I've had the new laptop for six months now. I've just been reluctant to put it into full swing because of all the passwords and whatnot I'd have to transfer, not to mention having to go through another massive antivirus download. Dunno how long it would take to get it up and running, but unless something really dreadful happens when I switch this one to Avast, I can still use this. So it's unlikely any days will be missed (and less likely anyone's up worrying about it) but what the hey, just thought I'd mention it.
    Speaking of the usual, I had further baroque dreams last night, this time again demonstrating that if John gets a little cold, he dreams of ice and snow. There was also some business where some guy had taken over part of my dad's house (which as usual had nothing in common with my dad's actual house) for some kind of medical facility and some other person had taken over the rest as a hotel or restaurant or both. I threw out the first guy and was worried when he didn't take his patients with him. I was relieved on the whole when he came back. It must have been the ice and snow.

1 comment:

  1. screw windows. download google chrome and see if you get better performance without the han-G-ups that you've been getting with Windows. BTW what version of Windows are you using?
    i have found that when Windows gets clogged up and slow (due to internet traffic, and too many things open on my computer), chrome just breezes through and along.
    just a fews cents of thoughts...now back to my blog post...

    ReplyDelete