Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fun with cars

    Boiling over radiator car crisis boils down (ha ha) to a busted thermostat. The garage had to order the part, so I'm driving around in a car that wants to boil over again. It's behaving so far, fortunately. A person with common sense would have left it in the shop and let brother William take Dad to dialysis today, but I also needed it to go get groceries, so it made more sense to do that, take Dad today and bring him home, then leave it at the shop which, fortuitously, is quite near Margaret's place.
    Unfortunately, that leaves me unable to take Dad to his doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, but I'm sure William will fill in with aplomb. Also, as his car is newer it's likely that his heat works better, and it'll be the coldest day of this almost-winter so far. Also his radiator is much less likely to boil over. So there's that.
    Walking over to pick up the car yesterday afternoon, time was pressing and also it was raining, so I ran a very small part. MAYBE as much as two blocks. I was embarrassingly sore; you'd think I'd run a marathon. My excuse is that it's a bad idea to run in hiking boots, and I'm sticking to it.
    Yesterday was my 666th consecutive daily entry. I posted about it on Facebook and included a link, and immediately was embarrassed to see that people had followed it. I almost went back and posted, "That was just an FYI; I never said it was interesting!":)

2 comments: