Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Also I'd like a pony

    The above is what I say whenever I wish for something impossible. The good news about the weekend's fiascoes is that nothing worse has happened since. Or at least nothing that I've heard about. The tightness in my throat and far far further down the digestive system indicates that this situation will not continue. But a fella can hope.
    In the larger world, there's an election year coming up. One dreams that the people will see reason, or even common sense, and vote for people whose chief concern is for them, the people, and for the long term. And if the people's best interests come in conflict with those of corporations, maybe now and then our representatives might opt for the former. And as the Christmas season dawns, it would be nice that while we're talking about peace on Earth and goodwill toward men, maybe we could try implementing these concepts a little.
    Also, I'd like a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment