Friday, December 23, 2011

Get thee behind me Santa

    I'm so childish. The phrase is as above, except with the anagram. I thought it was "Get behind thee, Satan," and said so publicly. And even though nobody corrected me and nobody cares, I'm pissed because I was wrong. And even though the one-liner above is at least more than a little cute (if not exactly original), I can't enjoy it because I had it wrong at first. Childish.
    It is true that I don't much like buying gifts and am seldom as enthusiastic as I should be about receiving them. But Santa's jake with me. I would even leave him cookies and milk... if I ate either cookies or milk.
    Dad is having a run of low blood pressure. We don't know what the deal is. One would guess that it might have something to do with the Heparin they give him for dialysis and the consequent difficulties to get him to stop bleeding at the end of dialysis. One hopes they will maybe lessen the dosage. One worries. A lot.
    It doesn't help a bit that Medicare sent a giant package of information about coping with End Stage Renal Disease. I don't know who the idiots were who thought that that phrase would be an improvement over "kidney failure," but I'd like to punch them. I'm sure he would like to read all this stuff, but I'm equally sure that Christmas is not the ideal time. Boxing Day, on the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment