Friday, December 16, 2011

Dilemma

    For one thing, shouldn't that be dilemna? Guess not.
    It seems clear that with my condition, whatever you want to call it (Asperger's, chronic depression, anxiety disorder, the human one) I have a choice between being smart or being happy. I can eat avocados all day long and make my thyroid and mood happy but find myself more or less unable to think or remember clearly. Or I can eat a more normal and more thyroid-adverse diet and be smarter but more miserable.
    This is how it seems today. Of course when the solstice comes and the days start getting longer again, I'll probably feel differently. Or if the crazy external stressors relent a bit. Or I kick the heroin.
    What I find frustrating is that when I doubled the cucumber in my lunch-time avocado-cucumber drink, a beverage that previously led to happy feelings just doesn't anymore. The cucumber is just supposed to counter the avocado's vasoconstrictive properties, not its pro-thyroid ones. As far as I know, even the Crazy People On The Internet don't make any claims that cucumber is bad for the thyroid, but maybe it is. Goodness knows everything else that's good for you is.
    Still and all, except for despair on waking I feel great. My earlier idea of staggering my iodine intake still sounds good to me, but I can't figure out how to split the pills. Of course, I could just take two. Might be worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment