Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This'll be fun

    Earlier this month, Dad got a letter from the DMV saying that he had to have an eye exam by an eye doctor to continue to have a driver's license. Turns out that this was because his eye doctor had told the DMV two years ago that he would need an exam in two years. Sooo I begged and pleaded and got him an appointment before the deadline, and the appointment is today. It's raining. He isn't moving well. There is no one on Earth besides himself who wants to see him driving. I haven't cleared this or even discussed it with the nursing home. What could possibly go wrong?
    Fortunately I have Malcolm along for backup, and the rain isn't too bad. Dad can talk and has no doubt notified the staff that he's going for an eye exam. I would normally be going out there with Margaret a half hour later anyway, so it's pretty much my normal routine. (She asked that we call her when the appointment's over, so I will. Hopefully we can pick her up so they can be together for part of the day at least.)
    So there's at least a chance that things can go smoothly. Knock on wood!
    Meanwhile, I haven't seen so much of visiting family, but Malcolm came around last night bearing tunage. We found that the new mini-component setup handles jazz pretty well. Also Pepper Adams was (or is) pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment