Saturday, December 10, 2011

I work at Publix in Georgia

    I had just paid for my groceries at the good-looking people's Publix at Gervais and Huger (they let me in on a special pass) when a woman buttonholed the checker with, "I work at Publix in Georgia, and a picture of this building comes up on my work computer every few minutes, so when I saw the building, I had to come in!" At last! We have a tourist attraction!
    (The building in question was the Dispensary when Pitchfork Ben Tillman (I think) decided that the state should be in charge of distributing all liquor in SC. However, Publix being in the building is something of a con because most of the store is in a new building built on to it and only a small part of the store is in the actual Dispensary. Most of the Dispensary has turned into high-end housing, or it would be if anybody ever moved in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment