Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Egg

    Yesterday morning I found an egg, unbroken, right in front of my front gate. I bought eggs recently, so I suppose it's just possible that it somehow slipped out of the carton and fell on the ground both without breaking and without me noticing. But I prefer the idea that it's some kind of voodoo message. I especially like this idea because it doesn't seem like a particularly threatening voodoo message; it seems friendly or even hopeful. Anyway, that's how I like to interpret it.
    Still, there's a dang egg in my yard. You hear about egg-suckin' dawgs, but none of them seem to have turned up to show off their skills. There are a lot of stray cats around, but none of them have taken any interest either. I could toss it into the vacant lot next door, but if somebody stepped on it at some future date, they would definitely be unhappy. I guess common sense says to put it in the trash next trash day, and cope with whatever voodoo curse is laid upon me as it arrives.
    Yesterday was a fairly odd day in the neighborhood all the way around. Speaking of the vacant lot, there were two trucks either in it or in front of it from the cable company. I assume that the vacant lot wasn't getting cable, but then, you never know. They didn't stay long, though. Nobody to sign the work order, presumably.

No comments:

Post a Comment