Sunday, February 24, 2013

Puzzlin' evidence

    I just wanted to say a little more about my tragic jigsaw puzzle addiction. An odd thing is that the program I'm playing jigsaw puzzles with, right after I said that they had quit updating and so the free puzzles every Friday weren't appearing, updated and ALL of them appeared. I had certainly checked with the Internet connected before; I guess it just took a while to get all the artwork downloaded. (Mind you, you still have to download each actual puzzle individually.) So the claim that there are 5,000 puzzles may not be true, but there are more puzzles than I will ever get around to playing!
    It's very weird to me that I like virtual jigsaw puzzles to the point of obsession, while I never liked real ones at all. It might have something to do with my very limited eye-hand coordination. More likely it more involves the fact that jigsaw puzzles are really annoying. You either have to play a marathon session or you have to have a large expanse of floor or table devoted to the incomplete puzzle for however long it takes to solve it. Since a kitty has entered my life, of course, real jigsaw puzzles would be really, really, really ill-advised. But I can recommend virtual ones very enthusiastically. Hopefully, I can rein in the obsession a little... one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment