Thursday, February 7, 2013

Never want to work that hard

    Dad news is not bad, but not great. The new catheter quit working after 2 1/2 hours, so he only got a half dialysis, and this after missing the previous one. However the nurse assures him that this is normal for a first session with a new catheter, and that the next session Saturday should go fine. Moreover, he feels fine. So I didn't have to wait this time, and am in fact done for the day. Time to start painting the town!
    The other day I found to my surprise that of the horribly overplayed megahits of the '70s, one has left the brotherhood, at least to my ear. I'm ready to listen to "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel again. This may have something to do with the fact that, unlike in the '70s, I can hit the notes now. Or maybe time heals all wounds, including even Billy Joel fatigue. It's a great song except for one thing: I still can't figure what's so hard about clever conversation, why anyone wouldn't want it, and what kind of woman would be interested in a schmoe who didn't? Paging Christie Brinkley!

No comments:

Post a Comment