Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm only happy when it rains

    OK, I'm only physically comfortable when it rains, but I don't know any songs with that title. I suppose a person with common sense would find a workaround. The problem, which I have no doubt blithered about before, is that the heat pump dries out the apartment abominably. ("Abominably" must be one of the oddest looking words in the English language.) I have two humidifiers, but using the highly chlorinated tap water in them leads to me making these weird air burps, which I can't help but think aren't healthy. Anyway, they don't feel healthy.
    I could just as easily go buy distilled water for the humidifiers, but this seems like overkill and is also something of a pain in the butt. So, I keep the place as chilly as I can stand and only run the humidifier when the kitty becomes a static electricity monster. I know I could come up with a better solution, but on the other hand, winter is nearly over and it's raining a lot these last days of it anyway. So the solution seems to be finding itself. And I really like that Garbage song, too (though googling indicates that "I'm" isn't actually part of the title).

No comments:

Post a Comment