Tuesday, February 26, 2013

NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN!

    Last year was very odd in that almost all year, the weather would turn threatening at some point or other during a given day, but it almost never got around to raining. As I complained about the lack of rain at the time, it seems churlish to complain about heavy rains this year, so I won't. Actually, with the rest of the country mired in drought, it's probably even more churlish either to complain or to brag about the fact that we're getting any. It's just weird is all. I can't call it incessant because it does cease, and we've had our share of Chamber of Commerce days as well.
    I just wish the weather gods could arrange it so that the heavy rains fall on non-dialysis days. Though thanks, weather gods, for calling off the showers by the time I had to pick Dad up today. I can't say I'll actually perform a sacrifice in gratitude. Well, maybe I'll lay off the Woodstock references for a while; I call that a sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment