Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Aggressively uninteresting

    I had one of those dreams last night that was interesting because it was uninteresting. In other words, it was startlingly vivid, especially given that a) my dreams usually aren't and b) it was highly prosaic. In real life, I'm giving Paul a ride to Aiken today to see his mom, brother, sister-in-law and nieces. In the dream, we were going to the mountains instead. (A much better idea. Hey; his extended family can come, too!)
    He was playing a Walkman, only it was called a Boneman. I believe that in real life there is something called bone hearing aids, but maybe I'm making that up, too. If there's such a thing as bone headphones, I don't want to know about it. I think that was the inspiration anyway. I thought he was playing my Walkman (I think you can guess the odds that either of us have a Walkman in real life in 2011) and he got annoyed that I would suggest such a thing. He wanted to play his Fats Domino records.
    Also in the dream were real things from my apartment like the Batman punching bag. In real life, we went to a rally at the State House last night and I was pretty hepped up by the experience for no reason that I can think of, both as of the time I went to bed and when I got up. Maybe that was it. Maybe it's the unseasonably warm weather. Note to Paul: you should probably go get some Fats Domino records.

No comments:

Post a Comment