Friday, November 18, 2011

Denouement

    Reading back, I see that I have unintentionally left the last few entries incomplete. Not that any of them were all that electrifying, but here are the endings. Most importantly, Dad indeed had a perfectly easy procedure yesterday, and was back at Rice Estate in time for lunch and physical therapy. The latter went particularly well; he walked all the way back from the PT room (a considerable distance) without a rest break, I think for the first time.
    As to Dad's stool softener, they didn't actually take it away, so we did. And the doctor at Rice Estate came to see Dad and told him that the stool softener he was using wasn't particularly good and that he would write him a prescription for a much better laxative. This hasn't happened yet, but Dad is at least hopeful. And it's neat to have him in a facility where people actually listen, and communicate. What a concept!
    Amelia's story ended well also. I can get a job anywhere as a cat whisperer. I got her to stay still by the simple means of scritching her chin, and put the Feline Advantage on the back of her neck without her even running away. Her scratching and compulsive grooming has diminished remarkably. OK; so I'm dumb. But I figure stuff out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment