Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crisis Kitty

    Amelia the cat has always been a little keyed up. If she could talk, her conversation would go like, "Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod, John! There's a squirrel in the tree!" Or "Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod, John! There's another kitty! In the yard! Ohmygod!" Lately, she's been even more anxious than usual. She's started jumping in the laundry basket. I appreciate that this is typical kitty behavior, but she's never done it in all these years. She also jumps up on the kitchen counter to sit on the kitchen windowsill, another unsurprising kitty act which nevertheless she had never done before.
    I also noticed that she never gets up on her kitty condo anymore. Eventually I worked out that there might be a connection. I vacuumed that heck out of the kitty condo (as it was blanketed in kitty fur), but she still wouldn't climb on it. I tried the tricks I had done to get her to use it in the first place, but no go. Finally, I just picked her up and put it on it. She didn't stay long (Crisis Kitty doesn't like being picked up by anybody!) but a little while later, she was back up on it like normal.
    Later she jumped in the laundry basket again, and she's still grooming herself like a maniac. So the crisis isn't necessarily over. I'd be happy to think we're back down to normal crisis levels, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment