Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Fortress of Solitude

    As time passes, I tend more to question the wisdom of having set up all these defenses around me. OK, the barbed wire, that's just common sense, but the machine gun emplacements, the tank crews, the neutron bomb-- these might be overdoing it just a smidge. The world just isn't that scary. Anyway, the world isn't any scarier, or even as scary, as I am. There must be some reason all these people seem so intimidated by me, I mean besides the monobrow. It's a bewilderment to me.
    Maybe I'll dismiss the crews and dismantle the bomb. I actually like people a great deal. I think I can trust them not to bring any red kryptonite. And it's getting pretty cold up here in the Arctic with just a leotard on. (Kidding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment