Tuesday, November 29, 2011

OK, maybe I'm not such an idiot

    On retrospect, Dad seems to like UniHealth a lot more than he did when he was actually there. Of course, he may be trying to make me feel better, since I've been quite loud in my self-criticism about having ever sent him there. But he now says that they taught him to walk again, so he's grateful. The whole having to beg for help with bodily functions thing, the whole always hating the food thing, and the whole having to wait an hour to see a nurse thing seems to be out of sight and out of mind.
    Still, he's doing a lot lot lot better at Rice Estate, so I'm glad I got him moved there. He's well, so UniHealth didn't do any serious damage. And it's possible that I couldn't have gotten him off Dilantin at Rice Estate. The fact that UniHealth is so cheap and slapdash may have served us well in that case. Anyway, I'm willing to accept "All's well that ends well" as a life's philosophy, as indeed, my father did decades ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment