Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beep boop

    So I was driving down the road, oblivious, when this douche in a pickup passes me on the right (on a wide portion of a two-lane street), stops at the subsequent Stop sign, and starts yelling back at me. He's yelling at me about not stopping for stop signs and cutting him off. I have literally no idea what he's talking about. My best guess is that when I turned onto the road we were on, I stopped a little briefly and pulled onto the road he was already occupying (but at least 100 feet away). Which might not be the best way to drive, but is certainly legal and certainly not the worst cutting off he's going to experience in Columbia. He was threatening to crack me in the head and I pulled out my cell and told him to get in his truck and go or he'd be talking to a police officer in a matter of minutes. He did so, spinning his wheels of course. The odd thing is that I was never afraid. I guess when you stare down Death for long enough, other stuff isn't so frightening.
    Dreams have been wacky lately. Last night, there was some business about a car dealership where four guys were painting everything green. Thing is, they started with themselves. They looked sleek! Then I had to wake up at four in the morning to take my friend Evans to work. (He's been dead five years now.) Then the real alarm went off. The other day I dreamed that my brother was going to get my blog published. (Not this one; a fictitious, interesting one.) He said that it was up for some awards and he wanted to get those cleared away first. For example, there was this joke that was up for an award. He told me the joke and I said that I didn't write it; I didn't even know it. That didn't seem to be a problem.
    I bet you're wondering what the deal with "beep boop" is. I've been making ready to change out my first 8 Gb of old-time radio on the iPod Nano for a second 8 Gb. This has required a good deal of copying files from my OTR CDs to my hard drive, which has in turn required a great deal of listening to beeps and boops. I think the CD/DVD drive on this poor old ill-used laptop is failing. Anyway, I'm done a-ripping and will very shortly be able to make the changeover. You could hardly believe how excited I am about this. Well, you probably could, but I'm fairly surprised about it.
    Meanwhile, I threw my back out this morning and barely anything happened. It may be that my somewhat halting efforts to improve my upper-body strength are actually paying off. Or maybe I was just lucky. Happy about it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment