Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sometimes my subconscious makes me feel better

    Not about life necessarily (though that happens, too) but about me. Or my larger mind. Last night I dreamed (also dreamt) that I was taking care of a relative's baby. Granted, I don't have any relatives likely to have a baby, but hey, it was a dream. He was a very good baby, very quiet. But I gradually noticed that he had a very faint strawberry birthmark covering his face. In real life, this would be somewhat alarming. In the dream, I was very accepting, and very confident that everything would work out. Either it would fade or the kid would get by. These ideas aren't very consistent with reality, but they were nice in the dream.
    My other dream wasn't so nice. I had earned a whole lot of money. I did so legally, or at least the dream didn't specify otherwise, but I was keeping it in cash in a gigantic clear plastic bag which, other than being full of cash, looked like a very large square pillow case. A friend of mine from long ago in real life turned up with two totally fictitious employees. He and I were quite friendly but the employees clearly had designs on my plastic bag. They all went away but the employees came back. My dreams are often a bit bifurcated, such that, say, in this case in one fork I fight them and in another I talk them out of their larcenous intentions. I think my sleeping mind chose the latter eventually. And this also makes me feel better about my subconscious, and my mind in general.
    I also feel better about the mockingbird, who finally shut up and let me sleep without tunage, which in turn probably is what allowed all these vivid dreams. Long may he wave, so long as he's quiet at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment