Sunday, April 29, 2012

Got to get out of this prison

    Not that it's a bad place, mind you. But I just can't shake off the autism. My life seems to be more, rather than less, constrained by invisible rules and regulations. It may be of course that I'm just paying better attention and noticing things more, and in fact am making progress at throwing off the shackles. It's mainly silly stuff such as: the blender plug MUST go in the top outlet. Lately I've been putting it in the lower one; the world has not yet quit spinning. Yet. But YOU NEVER KNOW!
    What worries me is that there may be other invisible rules and regulations that I am living by and not even noticing. Like the ones that make me rabidly defend against anyone ever getting close to me. Really, I like people. (John D. MacDonald suggested that you can always tell a sociopath when they insist that they like people. Nobody else has to mention it.) I think that I made a lot of progress against autism when I cut the goitrogens (thyroid-inhibiting foods) from my diet. As such, all I need to do (having added them back I mean) is ramp up my iodine consumption. I'm still leery of such a move, but I'm pretty miserable as is. Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment