Sunday, April 8, 2012

Scritches

    Six years with this kitty and I call her dumb. Often, she scratches the top of her head furiously with her back foot. She often does this when I've just been giving her scritches. I worried that she might have some extremely slick fleas that left no other proof of their presence, or maybe mites or something. The other day, though, it finally occurred to me that what she was saying was, "Scritch here, stupid!" Just on the inside edge of either ear. Given the worshipful looks that she gives me when I do so, I think I'm finally reading her right. Smart girl. Dumb John.
    In other kitty-related matters, living with a cat and with no person has me mostly talking baby talk. It hasn't affected my brain though, not at all. That's a GOOD brain! It's a sweetie-sweet-sweet brain! It's the best brain in the whole darn world! No, hasn't affected me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment