Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Rascals and The Raspberries

    Maybe I'll stick with playing jazz all night. Last night, I had some very odd dreams indeed without it. I was at a very, very, very crowded youth hostel with friend Robert (apparently in some kind of pre-Gail pre-Orion flashback) and one or more fictitious and little-defined companions. This very attractive young woman perked up at my approach, suggested that we had met at another youth hostel, and expressed her very great attraction to me. Then she vanished in the crowd. (In real life, that's what they do without expressing great attraction to me.) Later, she magically reappeared, and asked me if I, like her, also liked the Rascals and The Raspberries. I said, rather like I would have in real life, "How old ARE you?!" Then she commented on some imaginary novelist with straight gibberish. Again as I probably would in real life, I tried to look interested and not bewildered. That's about as far as that one went; I just thought that it was funny that my subconscious is apparently arranging defunct bands in alphabetical order.

2 comments:

  1. How can I be sure, in a world that's constantly changing? As to music to sleep to, methinks you can't be the classical. Many fewer drum solos, though old Ludwig was partial to rolling the tympanies (There's a title for you: "Breakfast At Tympanies"). His 6th symphony is excellent for dozing off to, but practically anything composed before the 20th century got really rolling will do fine. As to dreams if you run into Derek and Susie will you ask if they've got that song done yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz is best for me if I could just get all the recording levels the same. But I'm starting to do better in the silence again. (In other words, the mockingbird shut up.)

    ReplyDelete