Friday, November 9, 2012

A bit alarmed

    Dad's sweetheart Margaret (who is also 91) has been sick lately and today was very sick. Her daughter has taken her to the hospital and Dad is on his own. I brought him breakfast from a restaurant, forgetting only the coffee (dang my lazy brain) and am on call otherwise. Hopefully everything resolves itself quickly, easily and happily, but between us William and I can keep an eye on him or at least an ear out for him. I need to contact some nursing homes just in case, but (there's that word again) hopefully nothing of the sort will be necessary.
    Haven't had any update as to Margaret's condition. Going on past experience, she may still be waiting to see a doctor. Anyway, hoping for the best, and we certainly accept all good wishes, warm thoughts, prayers, white light, or whatever you've got, really. People who know me can call, email or check Facebook for updates.

Most delighted update: Dad called to say that she just had vertigo, and it responded immediately to an IV. One assumes that she, like me, doesn't respond too well to electric heat. Anyway, she's on her way home or will be soon. Call it a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment