Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baroque or rococo or something

    It was really cold last night, at least for here. Meaning it went below freezing. (Yeah, I know, cry me a river.) So I basically went to bed in footie pajamas, or more literally, in my clothes. This means that I was actually comfortable and between that and the white noise, I was actually able to sleep really well. And my brain really went to work.
    Yet again you get cut a break because I really don't recall any details. But the dream was a masterpiece of construction, baroque or rococo or something. It started out being a dream about my life or anyway about first person singular, not necessarily me per se but a male. Then it was about a female. My brain apparently decided that I didn't need a sex change so it shifted to a third person point of view. Her life was really complicated. I mean in terms of plot points and villains and whatnot, probably the result of listening to a lot of old-time radio yesterday as well as finishing Andrew Vachss' latest (which is very odd indeed in its turn).
    Then it became a video game with plug-ins. I mean literally; you would plug them in when a specific word came up in the dialogue and new plot turns would appear. Really literally; while there was a story going on, there was also this object like a giant snowflake Christmas tree ornament and you would plug red triangles into it.
    THEN it became a movie about a video game, and then fortunately I woke up before my brain produced any further removes from reality. Hey, I was just relieved that it wasn't a nightmare. First time I can recall not being able to go back to sleep due to sheer befuddlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment