Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crazy people on the Internet

    I've made assorted gags over the years about getting all my nutritional information from Crazy People on the Internet. Given my dietary restrictions, I don't think anyone has any reason not to believe me. However, lately I've been supplementing this information with material from less crazy people on the Internet, specifically the celiac researchers at the University of Chicago. They indicate that a litttle gluten now and then is unlikely to harm a celiac, that the only danger is constant or at least steady ingestion. They also note that cancer is only a rare outcome of celiac disease. I am starting to believe them, and starting to relax and breathe a little bit. Who wants to go out for pizza?
    Last night's dreams were odd, elaborate and an hour longer due to the end of daylight savings time. I don't recall details except that I was on a long train trip around the peninsula of America (either America was Florida-shaped or Chicago and San Francisco had moved to Florida; take your pick). I had to abandon the trip because I had left my smart phone at home and this was the part I liked: my smart phone was the size of a stick of gum! I can't wait for the day when this one comes true.
    The previous night's dream were more vivid and I still remember elements now. In this one, my dad's house, always large in my dreams, was truly colossal. Truly. There was a shopping mall on the second floor. I'm sure Dr. Freud would have a field day somehow, but I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment